Regulus Coffee House Co. [Chicago]

Weather: 40°, Rainy
Coffee Shop: Regulus Coffee House Co • 6032 W Irving Park Rd • Chicago • First Time
Drink: Chicolátl ($3.50)
Book: No Book


Coffee
Special vacation post! That's right, not to be deterred from my Sunday coffee I talked my friend Abbie into grabbing a drink with me while we were in Chicago this past weekend. If there's anything I love more than trying new coffee shops in Minneapolis, it's trying new coffee shops while on vacation.

We were staying in Norwood Park so I tried to find something not too far away 1) so that we wouldn't have to drive too far, and 2) so that I could curl up with a coffee ASAP. I used my trusty Yelp app to direct me based on highly reviewed places and the chosen spot was Regulus. The only bad thing: the wi-fi was out, which Abbie wanted to use. They had a sign posted on the front door, so it was fair warning, but we didn't feel like finding another place, so we just dealt with it.

Everything else about Regulus made me super happy. I kept saying to my Abbie, "This is such a perfect coffee shop," and I meant it. I ordered the Chicolátl which is a mocha with cinnamon & cayenne (I love coffee with cayenne, especially when I'm kicking a cold). I wished the drink would've lasted all day, it was all I could do not to chug it. Needing a snack, (and since it was a vacation), I ordered a chocolate chip scone which was deliciously fresh and was a perfect dunking partner with the coffee. I did not leave Abbie out; I treated her to a hot cocoa with plenty of whip in appreciation of letting me drag her to a coffee shop.

The atmosphere here was great, albeit a little chilly. The service was super friendly, and everything about the visit was cozy and comfortable. I found the Sunday crossword in a pile of newspapers and worked studiously on it while Abbie did real work. It was the perfect hideaway on a rainy Sunday in February.

This is the kind of place I'd want in my neighborhood.


People Watching
The only person I bothered to note was this very adorable hipster boy working on his Mac. He had a sticker around the Apple logo that was a juice box and said "Juice" under the apple. It was chuckleworthy. There was a painting on the wall of a colorful tree and I took a picture of it because it inspired me. They had no bus tub and it confused me - Chicago, so foreign.

0 comments: